Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
|| Agriculture, Forestry, & Fishing, Research & Development, Writing/Authoring
Senior Designer (Retro Studios)|
Founded in 1998, Retro Studios is a wholly owned subsidiary of Nintendo
Company, Ltd. Retro is a state-of-the-art
game development studio, working in conjunction with Nintendo to bring
award-winning games to Nintendo's cutting-edge next-generation platforms. Retro Studios is in beautiful Austin, Texas.
With rolling hills, scenic waterways, abundant wildlife, vibrant music and film
scenes, and a laid-back cosmopolitan culture, Austin is a dynamic city with an
excellent quality of life. Austin's
sunny weather also supports a great range of outdoor activities, providing
plenty of venues for top-notch game developers to recharge and unwind.
Qualifications & Requirements
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Design, own, and champion engaging gameplay
features in a highly iterative environment.
- Plan out thoughtful and intentional player
experiences at both macro and micro levels.
- Use proprietary toolset to design, build,
script, integrate, and optimize game environments.
- Drive small strike teams to achieve a variety of
- Provide constructive feedback on features,
environments, and processes.
- Evaluate and implement design feedback from all
- Write and illustrate clear design documentation.
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure
content meets established goals and parameters.
- Help set, prioritize, and communicate goals for
the development team.
- Provide mentorship to other designers and team
- Foster a highly positive team culture by
building consensus and using collaborative approaches to conflict resolution.
description outlines primary duties and requirements and is not intended to
identify all tasks that may be performed; individuals occupying the position
may be required to perform other duties.
The company may modify job duties from time to time, either in practice
or in writing.
SUMMARY OF REQUIREMENTS
experience with level design preferred.
- A minimum of 5
years of experience in game design, including senior or lead design experience
on a shipped 3D action adventure title.
knowledge of environment, system and game mechanics design.
- A working
knowledge of standard industry game engines, design toolsets and production
- Willingness to be open and flexible
when collaborating with others to achieve a design.
- Rigorous and
iterative design and ideation methodology.
composition, narrative and environmental storytelling skills.
organizational, communication and influencing skills.
- A passion for
Nintendo and Retro titles preferred.
- Skill with Illustrator, Photoshop and Maya
- Examples of prior work must be available upon
We are an equal opportunity employer valuing
Please visit our employer showcase!