Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
|| Agriculture, Forestry, & Fishing, Information Technology, Internet/E-Commerce, Law Enforcement, and Security, Manufacturing and Production, Executive Management, Research & Development, Web Technology, Writing/Authoring
IT Manager (Retro Studios)|
Founded in 1998, Retro Studios is a wholly owned subsidiary of Nintendo Company, Ltd. Retro is a state-of-the-art game development studio, working in conjunction with Nintendo to bring award-winning games to Nintendo's cutting-edge next-generation platforms. Retro Studios is located in beautiful Austin, Texas. With rolling hills, scenic waterways, abundant wildlife, vibrant music and film scenes, and a laid-back cosmopolitan culture, Austin is a dynamic city with an excellent quality of life. Austin's sunny weather also supports a great range of outdoor activities, providing plenty of venues for top-notch game developers to recharge and unwind.
Qualifications & Requirements
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Manages IT projects and department staff in day-to-day work.
- Manages all aspects of the IT department including; network
administration, server administration, IT applications and databases.
- Continually evaluates the IT needs of the studio to ensure that
processes and systems are developed and maintained.
- Troubleshoots all user problems related to secure logon, internet
connectivity, e-mail, database control, print services, data access, etc.
- Configure, deploy and support desktop systems and equipment for the
- Plans, directs and prioritizes projects and programs.
- Implements, maintains and ensures effective electronic and physical
security of data communication services, LAN, WAN and Cloud.
- Interacts with management and peers in other departments to build and enhance external contacts/vendors.
- Determines standard configuration for all IT systems and assists in
standardizing the development environment for product development.
- Assists in the IT budgeting process, monitors budgets, ROI and expenses
within the IT department.
- Maintains studio intranet for secure internal Operations and Product Development
- Maintains the frontend Retro Studios website.
performance evaluations, bonus reviews, and any necessary disciplinary plans
for direct reports.
- Makes recommendations for promotions of
individuals within the team.
- Responsible for having one-on-one meetings with team
members to understand their career goals.
- Coordinates with the Development Management Team
to understand their evolving needs.
- Has responsibilities as an individual
job description outlines primary duties and requirements and is not intended to
identify all tasks that may be performed; individuals occupying the position
may be required to perform other duties.
The company may modify job duties from time to time, either in practice
or in writing.
SUMMARY OF REQUIREMENTS
- Ten years of IT experience, including three years managing an IT
- Experience in proposing, planning and executing extensive IT projects
- Strong large-scale project management skills
- Departmental budgeting experience
- Broad background with AWS, Azure, Cisco UCS, Nexus; ASA, switches; Dell
EMC storage and VMWare.
- Experience with H.323, SIP, Polycom, Zoom Conferencing
- Must understand L3 TCP/IP routing and switching
- Certified CCNA and above, a plus
- Perforce experience, a plus
- Undergraduate degree in
Computer Science or related field, or equivalent required.
We are an equal opportunity employer valuing diversity…celebrating strengths.
Please visit our employer showcase!