Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Industrial Economics, Incorporated
||Cambridge, MA United States
|| Consulting Services
Director of People and Culture|
IEc is looking for an experienced candidate to serve as our Director of People and Culture (Director). The Director is responsible for the firm’s human resources and facilities operations, while providing support to senior management and staff in the areas of legal compliance; employee relations; recruitment; diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI); firm culture; and performance management. The Director will set departmental priorities, lead a team to provide support around day-to-day human resources and employee relations considerations, provide sound advice to senior management on relevant subjects, and create a welcoming environment in which staff concerns are addressed.
Candidates must have a thorough knowledge of effective human resources practices and employment laws, be organized and detail-oriented, and be able to clearly communicate with all staff. Candidates must also be able to maintain perspective when faced with challenging human resource-related situations.
Job responsibilities include:
• Ensure compliance with federal and state employment legislation, including report development.
• Develop and maintain databases to meet external reporting requirements and internal staff management needs.
• Work with senior managers and staff to understand, anticipate and resolve employee relations issues.
• Develop, coordinate, and implement new hire on-boarding and departing staff exit interviews.
• Conduct investigations and report on potential violations of IEc's anti discrimination and harassment policy.
• Work with Benefits and Recruiting Manager to develop and refine IEc’s recruiting procedures and ensure compliance with state and federal laws.
• Develop and implement DEI initiatives and assist with the incorporation of DEI considerations in all aspects of the firm.
• Work with the COO, senior managers, and staff to understand, maintain, and, where appropriate, make and implement recommendations for the evolution of company culture.
• Work with senior management and staff to implement, update, and improve the firm's performance evaluation methods.
• Regularly review and develop IEc’s compensation and benefits programs to attract, retain, and motivate high quality professionals.
• Review and administer IEc’s corporate insurance plans.
• Propose, develop, and implement staff training and development programs.
• Prepare annual Human Resources and facilities budget proposal and track expenditures.
• Oversee the management and maintenance of IEc’s office space, including training and other actions to ensure employee safety.
The Director of People and Culture reports to the COO, and works closely with IEc's other officers, Principals, and members of the senior staff. The Director supervises several staff, including the Benefits and Recruiting Manager, the Facilities Coordinator, and the Receptionist.
• Bachelor’s Degree (or international equivalent)
• Minimum of seven years’ experience in human resources administration, including at least two years as a supervisor.
• Basic competency with Microsoft Word and Excel
• Excellent verbal and written communication, attention to detail, organization, and project management skills.
• Knowledge of relevant employment laws, labor relations, and all functional areas for which the Director is responsible.
• Salary commensurate with experience. Benefits package includes health insurance, employer contribution to health savings account, employer contribution to retirement savings based on tenure, eligibility for annual performance bonus, paid time off (vacation/holiday) and sick time, new parent leave, and short- and long-term disability.
Position Location: Cambridge, MA with flexibility to work part-time out of the office
Position Start Date: Immediate
For more detailed information and to apply, please visit our website at https://www.indecon.com/open-positions.
EOE AA M/F/Veterans/Disability
Industrial Economics, Incorporated|
Industrial Economics, Incorporated (IEc) provides expert analysis to government decision makers and regulators, corporate strategic partners, trade associations, and other clients. IEc is particularly known for developing conceptually correct and practical approaches to analyze complex problems and issues. IEc’s work emphasizes the application of rigorous analytical thinking, the exercise of well-reasoned judgment, and responsiveness to client need.
We therefore seek to hire motivated individuals who enjoy analysis, are comfortable with collaboration, and inventive in solving problems.
IEc is an Equal Opportunity employer. The company provides all applicants and employees with equal opportunity for employment and promotion regardless of race, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, disability, veteran status, military service or status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, or gender identity.